Tuesday, May 21, 2013

5 Days of Juice...

Ok so I realize it has been awhile since my last blog. I'm sorry about that. I've been super busy with family and my little one. Who knew a 2 1/2 month old could be so busy? Any who while I was enjoying my family time I came across a documentary by Joe Cross called Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. It is a documentary about health and being over weight and such. However, the thing that got me so interested about this documentary was that during the filming for 60 days Joe Cross only drank juice. No it wasn't bought juice, it was throwing fruits and vegetables in a juicer and drinking them. Now you might think it's a bit crazy but he ended up losing 100lbs.



This juicing wasn't a quick fix thing to lose weight. It was a detox. Basically you give your body all the nutrients it needs so it can kick out all the bad stuff. It boosts you metabolism, clears up your skin, and gives you energy. It is a way for you to get in all the fruits and veggies you need without having to sit all day and eat them.

So I decided that I should try this detox. I definitely wasn't going to do a 60 day detox that's for sure but I thought, how about a 5 day detox. If you go to his website http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/ you can see his different detox plans. He gives you recipes and a shopping list so you aren't just sticking random things that won't taste good together in the juicer.

I started my 5 day detox on Monday. I had a Carrot, Apple, and Lemon juice (I will post the recipes as well) for breakfast. For my lunch I had a Garden Variety and mid afternoon snack was Watermelon Crush. At the beginning it wasn't too bad but after seeing my husband eating real food for dinner it really started to ware on me. All I could think about was real food. Around 6 o'clock I caved. I was so hungry and tired. I just wanted to eat. I decided that only juicing wasn't for me. I thought hey how about I juice all day except my supper? That is my plan.



So today I am on day 2 of the detox and so far so good. I am having a Fruit Combo for breakfast then will have a Red Un-Beet-Able juice for dinner and afternoon snack will be Joe's Mean Green juice. Hopefully they taste as good as they sound! I will keep you updated on my detox as the days go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment