Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My Experience With Greek Yogurt...

I keep hearing all this good stuff about Greek yogurt but I had never tried it before. I like yogurt so I figured it should be the same. Well not too long ago I tried Astro's drinkable Greek yogurt. It wasn't bad but I found that it had too much of an aspartame taste to it, but I was willing to try the regular yogurt...I'm yet to try anything yet except for the plain. 
 
 
 
I went to the store today to buy some vegetables as my husband and I are eating them like crazy which is an awesome thing. My husband ate a whole head of cauliflower himself over the weekend while I was gone. So for someone like him who isn't huge on vegetables this was a big accomplishment. But anyways back to my story. As I was getting veggies I went over to the yogurt section to just look at the different kinds that you can get and to see if they had a lot of sugar. Well I ended up coming home with a little 142g container of presidents choice 0% Greek yogurt.
 
 
 
I wasn't quite sure what I was gonna do but I thought hey it's on sale so why not try it. As I was on my way home I was thinking about an episode of Dr.Oz I had seen where instead of using thick, creamy, high calorie and fat dressings on your salad you could replace it with Greek yogurt with your own spices. I thought this would be a great idea as I'm a huge fan of ranch and Caesar dressing. Then I had a better idea...
 
 
 
When I was younger my mom used to put Lipton's onion soup mix in sour cream and eat chips and veggies with it so I thought, "hey why can't I do that with the yogurt?". It turned out great! The best part is you can have veggies and dip and be completely guilt free about it because it's good for you! One serving of this dip is equal to 120 calories, 0% fat, 15g carbohydrates, and drum roll please, 15g of protein! If you don't believe me just try it...oh and remember: drink your water!

No comments:

Post a Comment